What to do in Vienna attractions & sightseeing
The Prater amusement park, Schönbrunn palace, Naschmarkt market, St. Stephen's Cathedral – Vienna's tourist attractions are world renowned
Klimt the painter, Sisi the empress, Freud the doctor, the musicians Strauss, Schubert and Mozart – they have all left their traces in Vienna, which you can follow on an extensive sightseeing tour. There is much to discover: 27 castles and palaces; 150 Palais residences; architecture and art from the middle ages, the Biedermeier and Art Nouveau as well as Modern periods, and much more.
From the Hotel Das Himberg, buses, S-Bahn trains or your car will have you sightseeing amongst Vienna's tourist attractions in 20 to 30 minutes. To truly get to know Vienna, you should walk through its streets on foot. Begin your time travel adventure through the various stylistic eras. There are so many things to do in Vienna!
Sightseeing in Vienna means discoveries around every corner:
- the Gothic style of St. Stephen's Cathedral – Vienna's signature landmark
- the Vienna Giant Ferris Wheel at the Prater amusement park
- historic town houses from the imperial era
- Biedermeier-style atmosphere in the suburbs
- Art Nouveau, Jugendstil and the most famous building from this era – the Secession
- the imperial Vienna Hofburg
- Schönbrunn palace
- Schönbrunn zoo
- the Hundertwasser House
- traditional Vienna coffee houses
- traditional Beisel pubs
- over 100 museums with high profile collections of world renown
- and many, many more ...
Even more of what to do in Vienna
- Vienna's multicultural fruit and vegetable market – the Naschmarkt – is without a doubt one of the culinary highlights of Vienna.
- Mariahilfer Straße is the name of Vienna's most popular shopping street.
- Get that beach feeling at one of the many public beaches that open along the Danube canal in summer.
- The Schönbrunn zoo is especially popular with Vienna's younger visitors.
- Explore Vienna by Fiaker horse-drawn carriage – Fiaker stands are found in Stephansplatz, Heldenplatz, Petersplatz and Burgtheater.
Vienna sightseeing à la carte
The Vienna Card will give you discounts at over 210 museums and tourist attractions, as well as free travel on the underground, bus and tram for 72 hours. The Vienna Card costs €18.50.