Nature Meets Cuisine & Thermal Baths
A beautiful stretch of land that reaches into the city of Vienna and extends from Klosterneuburg to Baden, the thermal region is home to enjoyment and holiday fun.
Some parts of this region have been designated a biosphere park by UNESCO. When you stay at our hotel near Vienna, you’ll be so close to Vienna’s most popular and beloved recreational area. The excursions and attractions in the Vienna Woods that await our guests are one-of-a-kind: hiking, cycling or time for R&R at the spa; lofty heights and gardens full of life, fine wine or gourmet treats ... there truly is something for everyone here.
Austrian empress Sisi also loved the Vienna Woods and Habsburg hunting grounds. Here she found inspiration away from the imperial court – preferably outdoors in the area’s lovely nature – and could indulge her love of exercise. And today? The Vienna Woods are very popular with many options for all types of activities. We’ve put together a few ideas for your visit!
Tips for things to do near our Vienna Woods hotel
- The Laxenburg Castle Complex is worth more than just one visit: with the Franzensburg castle, the castle pond, “Grünes Lusthaus” pavilion, and historic parks, 280 hectares are yours to explore.
- The history-rich cities and towns in the Vienna Woods thermal region are a must-see! Give yourself plenty of the time to explore.
- The imperial city of Baden bei Wien was the imperial summer residence – today, it draws visitors with modern spas, cuisine and culture. Or, get dressed up in your most beautiful evening wear and have an unforgettable evening at Casino Baden.
- It’s not only health-conscious visitors who stroll through the pine forests of the Bad Vöslau’s “Wein.Wald.Wanderarena” hiking area. The famous mineral water is also bottled here – and if you like, you can even bathe in it at the Bad Vöslau thermal baths.
- Cycling fans can hit the thermal area bike trails or ride through historic castle gardens such as those in Bad Vöslau, which features hundreds of sculptures and interesting trees.
- So then: “Auf Ihr Wohl und Prost”, or “Here’s to you!”, as we say when we raise a glass in one of the area’s many wine taverns and wineries. Enjoy yourself – the Vienna Woods thermal region awaits you with unique cuisine, excellent wines and lots of sun. Our tip: be sure to stop by Gumpoldskirchen and try two types of wine that are only available here: Rotgipfler and Zierfandler.
Wine autumn & “Genussmeile”: holidays in the Vienna Woods
Gourmands and lovers of good wine – we’re talking to you! The area’s wine taverns are at the focus of the legendary “Wine Autumn” festival in the Vienna Woods thermal region. Held every year on the first two weeks of September, this festival draws visitors from near and far.
The legendary Genussmeile event takes place during what is probably the most beautiful season of the year – the grape harvest. What is the Genussmeile exactly? Imagine a 10 km-long bar that serves exquisite regional delicacies from over 80 winemakers and winegrowers from the thermal region.
We invite you to “hike, taste, and enjoy” at the longest bar in the world. We would be happy to inform you about the many other excursion destinations near our four-star Vienna Woods hotel near Vienna International Airport – just ask!